Sunday, February 7, 2010

Taffy Apple Lifestyle People



















I'd like to start off by saying that I dressed myself for both of these pictures.
Cougar vs. Human will probably knock out a few good songs this Valentine's Day weekend; I'm headed towards Iowa on a Greyhound Bus. The last time I did that, I talked for 30 minutes to some strangers about how awful Arby's is. This time, I'll bring a bag lunch. And a gun.
I wrote some new lyrics for us. I wrote them all with the intention of hearing them come out of Jennie's mouth, and the full-fledged arrangement of these songs sound fantastic in my head. Knowing Jennie, they'll pan out nicely.

We've only recorded a few demos on her computer, and I'm trying to figure out how to post them up here, like some sort of Sixeyes-esque mp3 blog. I think I'll do that once we record some more, so I'm not giving away....everything we have.

I have plenty of gift ideas for Valentine's Day. Some have called me a God amongst mere men with things like this. Some have called me Dad. Others have called me Cain, inheritor of the land. My mom calls me Audrey or Abby on accident. Here's what I'm getting Jennie:


Did you read that? It has a strong sense for playing! Thanks, Japan.

Danny and I have been hanging out at Isabel Kasheshian's house far too much, and Sub-Ground Sound is becoming real, real talk. For anyone reading this, I probably mentioned something called Starved Artists....that idea's been tweaked ever since we started hanging with two hip-hop/spoken-word-oriented guys with similar plans called The Illestrators. They are also called Aris Theotokatos and Chris Olivares.

Have you ever seen Step Brothers? It's like Prestige Worldwide, except with less boats.

Picking our roster of artists requires a lot of caution. Right now, it's only musicians/rappers and slam poets or writers affiliated with spoken word. However, Aris and Chris have expanded our vision a LOT. Here's the rough draft of the website....once we get our About Us on there, our intentions will seem a lot less scattered. It'll look cool once we get our friends to hook us up with decent web designs.


Yeah, it's a real URL.
Today is the superbowl. Wherever I go, I'm probably going for the food. I wish this wasn't usually the case, but it almost ALWAYS is. I'm going to go shower and smell like not-bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment